We have Border Collie puppies for sale to approved homes!
Click here for pictures and information on our Border Collie puppies.
Anatolian Shepherd puppies – none at this time. We are planning an exciting litter for late summer with our gorgeous girl Georgia. You can check her out here.
How we raise our pups….
Before we have a litter of Anatolian Shepherds or Border Collie puppies for sale, a lot of work goes into the planning and care of litter. We plan our breeding carefully and sometimes years in advance. Dams and Sires are studied and researched to insure we start and continue with quality, healthy lines. We take the raising of our pups quite seriously. We want to give the pups and their future family every opportunity for a successful and loving future.
- All our pups are born in the house. This allows me to oversee and assist the mother if necessary and handle the pups from their birth.
- From day 3 to 16 we apply Early Neurological Stimulation in addition to the daily love and attention. For more information on Early Neurological Stimulation you can visit http://breedingbetterdogs.com/articles.php .
- Once the puppies are up and walking they spend warm sunny days at various locations on our farm so they can be safely exposed to different stimulus and environments. They are closely watched and evaluated as they develop their individual personality and pack social skills. Our pups are heavily socialized by our boarding kennel customers, friends, children and family.
- At 7 weeks of age, our pups are evaluated using P.A.T. protocol. We incorporate this temperament testing with our observations to determine the type of home best suited for the puppy. For more information on the type of evaluation we use, you can visit http://www.volhard.com/pages/pat.php.
- Routine preventive medical care is administered. We de-worm at 2,4,6 and 8 weeks of age. Our Vet performs a health check, vaccinates and microchips before the pup goes to their new family.
- We start our pups on clicker training at 5 weeks of age. We find it is invaluable for new puppy parents to make a quick connection with their pups. Before you take your puppy home, you will have a mini-clicker lesson and instructions, so you will feel comfortable with the process.
- We also start crate training and recall training at this time. We want to give our new puppy parents every opportunity for success with their new pups.
- Our new puppy families are sent home with our ‘Good Start Puppy Pac’ filled with information, helpful tips, litter blanket, puppy food and other goodies to get you and your new puppy off to a good start.
What you need to do….
- Take a look at our website and puppies and try not to fall madly in love with the pups, but evaluate if this the right time, breed and breeder for you?
- If your answers are all yes, please fill out our puppy questionnaire. We will contact you by phone to discuss our puppies. Remember, our Anatolian Shepherd and Border Collies puppies for sale are to approved families only!!!
- If we have mutually agreed that a Shadewood puppy or dog would suit you and your family, we can schedule a visit our farm or I can email you a deposit form.
- Mail the completed deposit form and deposit check to hold your place in line. We will make every effort to accommodate your preferences, but we must place the pups based on their personality, drive, energy level and future purpose. If we can not match you with a suitable pup, you may be moved to our next litter or have your deposit returned. When we have Border Collie puppies for sale, it is very important that we find them the best homes possible. We want everyone to have a long happy life with their new family member.